March 26, 2015

Best Ever Quinoa Chocolate Cupcakes

These cupcakes are melt-in-your-mouth delicious! They remind me of French Silk Pie; they are so rich! And they are so smooth and fluffy from the whipped egg. It may surprise you that these brownie-like treats have NO FLOUR!


Where did I find the recipe? Check out Epicurious!

There were only a few changes I made. I used almond milk instead of regular. I didn't bother melting the butter, but cubed it and dropped it into my Vitamix one cube at a time while it was blending. (Maybe another time I'll try it with coconut oil instead.) I halved the sugar and only used 3/4 cup of organic cane sugar instead of 1 1/2 cups. (Try it for a more dark chocolate flavour.) And that's it!

The whipped eggs make it super fluffy and the cooked quinoa is blended to smooth. These no flour cupcake brownies are excellent!


No comments:

Post a Comment