October 29, 2012

Thai Peanut Chicken

I got this recipe off blogchef.net for Thai Peanut Chicken and it is the most amazing tasting food I've had in a long time. I loved it! I made a few changes and substitutions since I like to use what I have.
This is how I made it:


Thai Peanut Chicken
3 chicken thighs, deboned and cut into 1" chunks
3 Tbsp. fresh garlic, minced
3/8 tsp. ground dried ginger
olive oil (for cooking)
3/4 cup yellow onions, chopped
1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables
1/3 cup dry roasted peanuts

Sauce:
3 Tbsp. soy sauce
2 Tbsp. peanut butter
2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. coconut oil
1 tsp. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 cup water

Instructions: 
To make the sauce, mix soy sauce and peanut butter in a small bowl. Add vinegar, oil, brown sugar and cayenne pepper. Mix and set aside. 

In a skillet, heat oil for cooking. Add garlic, ginger and chicken. Cook until chicken is cooked through. Put chicken in your serving dish.

To the skillet, add a little more oil and stir fry the green pepper and onions. Add the frozen vegetables and stir fry more until it is heated all through. Add all the vegetables to the chicken in the serving dish.

Over medium heat, add the peanut sauce mixture to the pan and heat it up, stirring constantly. When it starts to bubble, add the water and stir it in. Pour sauce over vegetables and chicken and add the roasted peanuts in the serving dish. Mix it all together. Serve on rice.

So yummy!!!



1 comment:

  1. Oh my, that does look wonderful. I'm glad I found your blogspot. Thank you for providing this record online.

    ReplyDelete