October 25, 2012

Animal Cookies

I made this recipe that I got from my mom for Animal Cookies. I try not to have so much sugar in my foods though so I actually put 1/4 the amount of sugar. They still turned out really great tasting and my  one year-old son likes them.



Here's the recipe as I made them:

Animal Cookies
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour

Cream the butter with the sugar. Mix in the eggs. Add the vanilla, baking powder and baking soda. Mix in. Add the flour. Mix it all together. Sprinkle flour on a flat surface and roll out the dough flat to about 1/4". Cut out shapes and put on parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Ball up left over dough and roll out again onto floured surface and cut out shapes again. Keep doing that till dough is all used up. Bake the cookies at 350' F for about 8 minutes. I got 28 cookies out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment