February 10, 2014

Blueberry- Strawberry- Banana Smoothie

I make smoothies all the time in our Ninja blender. So I thought I'd share the way I like to make it.



Blueberry- Strawberry- Banana Smoothie
6 whole large strawberries, frozen
8 ice cubes
1 nugget spinach, frozen
3/4 cup blueberries, frozen (give or take)
1/2 cup pineapple chunks, frozen (give or take)
1 banana, fresh
1/2 cup Balkan Style yogurt (give or take)
milk (as much as needed)

Put all the ingredients into the blender. It's best to add them in order of the largest frozen chunks first, then smaller chunks, then non-frozen items and lastly the liquid.


Add the milk until it looks right (if it is too thick just keep adding more milk as you blend it). I filled it to about the 2 cup mark and it was pretty perfect.



Blend it all together


 Nice and thick!



 These cups from Tupperware are neat because they come with lids and are plastic so I can freeze any extra that I don't drink for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment