February 14, 2014

Men's T-shirt to Maternity Shirt

I found this tutorial for making men's t-shirts into maternity shirts (diy Maternity: The Room to Grow Top) and gave it a go with a couple of my husband's old t-shirts. I wasn't so sure about it, but they turned out so nice and are the most comfortable maternity shirts I own!


I fiddled a little on the instructions since they are not totally explicit and I did add a little section to the front since the bust line came too low for me.

The burgundy was my first try. I had a little problem with the sleeve being much smaller than the sleeve hole so had to alter that a bit.

The black was my second try. I again had problems with the size of the sleeve holes and ended up bunching the material a bit under the arms. But I think it's okay. I'd like to try again and see if I can figure out how to get it right every time instead of having to fiddle with it.



I will very likely try making these again.

No comments:

Post a Comment