February 3, 2014

27 Weeks Pregnant

That's right! Baby #3 is just 13 weeks away! Baby is due May 1st and ultrasound says it looks like another boy. So I'll have 3 kids under age 3 - all boys. Woohoo!

I wish I could say I'm all prepared with this one, but our lives are pretty up in the air right now. We moved just 5 months ago to another province and are moving again in 2 months to yet another province, but we still don't know exactly where. (The moves are related to my husband's work.) So with expecting to move just one month before baby comes and still not knowing where, I can't make any plans for birth! So it might not be exactly what I would have wanted (I was able to have a home birth with a midwife with the last one and was hoping for the same), but baby will still come one way or another and I'm excited.

With coming into the third trimester, I'm getting some of those late pregnancy symptoms. I'm starting to feel soreness when I walk so I go much more slowly at times. I've also just started to have some heartburn as the baby pushes against my stomach. I expect that to continue right to the end as it did with the last two. I get leg cramps from time to time at night and at times feel really out of breath.

On the positive side, baby moves around a lot and that's great to be reassured that he's doing well. My 2 year old is also starting to get excited about the baby as I've showed him some clips of newborn babies and remind him there's a baby in Mama's belly. He comes and kisses the baby sometimes and that's really cute!

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I stumbled upon your blog today while looking up homemade diaper inserts. Congrats on 3 boys under 3! I have 3 girls under 3! It's hard work, but lots of fun. Anyway, congrats and I look forward looking through your post when I actually have a minute. :)

    ReplyDelete