December 17, 2021

Potato and Leek Soup with Skillet Bread


I love Potato and Leek Soup. It’s pretty much potato soup with the onions replaced with leeks that give it such a wonderful flavour. I have lots of potatoes right now. We got some from our garden this summer and then we picked a couple huge bags up from some local farmers selling potatoes on the side of the road. I made Potato Pancakes a couple days ago and have been looking forward to this potato soup as well. I was so happy that I had 33% cream and fresh parsley on hand to put in and make it really rich and flavourful.

Maybe serving bread with potato soup is carb overkill but I usually serve bread with soup so I’m going with it today. It’s not like we eat only starches every meal. Haha! 

This Skillet Bread with Fennel Seed is one of my go-to recipes. It’s pretty fast and easy to make and is actually my only use for my ginormous 16” skillet right now. I made a double recipe and split it between my 12” and 16” skillet. 

You can find the recipe for this Skillet Bread with Fennel Seed at https://sweetpaulmag.com/food/breads/skillet-bread-with-fennel/.

All ready to serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment