May 5, 2015

Having a Cheerful Countenance as a Mom

I am realizing that a mom's attitude really affects the atmosphere of the whole house. If mom is cranky and irritable then everyone becomes cranky and irritable.


Here's a reminder to myself and to you to smile at your children, to have a good attitude and to praise them. When I feel down and tired, it's easy to gripe about little things and to find lots of fault in my children. But I notice that my children also start to find fault in each other and not get along.

"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones." Proverbs 17:22

If I am patient with them in correcting their faults and look for things to appreciate and praise them about, it really cheers them up. I notice that they get along better, are patient with each other and more kind to each other. 

"Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." Proverbs 16:24

Both of the above verses say being cheerful and positive is actually good for your health and for those around you.

It's important as a mom to set a positive atmosphere in the home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment