July 5, 2019

Isaiah 40:11

Isaiah 40:11 He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young. 

I put this verse on under the heading to this blog because I've found it to be encouraging to me at this stage of my life with lots of little ones. I get overwhelmed easily and try to do so much. Sometimes I just run plumb out of energy and I can hardly think to get anything done. I'm needed to be so many things for so many people right now and they usually expect me to simply rise to their call. 


But God knows this and he is gracious and gentle. He is not demanding, but gives strength to the weary. He expects things from us too but his expectations are for us to be a certain way not to do a certain number of things. Yes, we also have things that we have to do, but more importantly what is my attitude in doing them. Yes, I'm tired, but am I still patient and kind. The being is so much more important than the doing. 

God is gentle with us and we can be gentle with our own. Sometimes I think that with only 24 hours in a day, there is no way I can get everything done that I need to. I cut into my sleep time hoping to be able to accomplish one or two more tasks, but usually that ends up cutting into a lot more things the next day when I either sleep in or am grumpy. I read a quote once that goes something like this, "God only gave us 24 hours in a day. If you are trying to do more than you can fit in, then you are probably trying to do something that God did not intend for you to do."

No comments:

Post a Comment