September 4, 2014

Chocolate Cake

This is my go-to recipe when I just want a simple chocolate cake. It's a recipe I got from my mom that I've made since I was a kid.


I made this cake with the remaining frosting from the Learning Colours with Frosting activity that I did with my boys.


Here's the recipe for the Chocolate Cake:

Chocolate Cake

3 cups flour
2 cup sugar (I only put in 1 cup)
1/2 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk + 1 tablespoon vinegar
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup hot water

Preheat the oven to 350' F. Grease and flour a 9"x13" cake pan.

Whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa and salt.

With a wooden spoon, mix in milk mixture, oil, eggs and vanilla.

Dissolve baking soda in hot water and then mix it into batter.

Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan.

Bake at 350' F. for 40 minutes. Check if it is done by poking a fork in the middle of the cake. If it comes out clean then the cake is done.

Yummy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment