March 15, 2013

Chocolate Blueberry Overnight Oats

I found the original recipe here and thought I'd give it a try.
I thought it tasted like a Wendy's frosty and my one year old liked it too. My husband didn't like it at all and thought it tasted chalky.... oh well. It's one way to get some chia seeds into your diet as well as a healthy and fast breakfast food.

A note about the recipe... the original was for Chocolate Cherry Overnight Oats but I used blueberries since I didn't have any cherries and so naturally had to change the name. Also, the oats and chia seed layer was a bit liquidy after soaking overnight so next time, I would probably add less milk or more oats- or both. Here's how I made it.


Chocolate Blueberry Overnight Oats
1/3 cup rolled oats
1 Tbsp. chia seeds
1 cup milk
1 tsp. cocoa
1/2 tsp. maple syrup
 Whisk this together and refrigerate overnight or for 1 hour.

1 1/2 small frozen bananas
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
< 1 Tbsp. cocoa
milk to blend
Blend fruit, cocoa and milk together in a blender the next morning. Layer it with the oats mixture and eat immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment