April 3, 2015

Taco Meat Recipe

I used to buy taco seasoning from the store until a friend of mine passed on to me her recipe for taco meat. It is soooo good! Taco salad is definitely one of my favourite meals!


Taco Meat
2 tablespoons olive oil 
1 small onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika

Heat the oil in a skillet on medium heat. When hot, add the onion. Saute until just turning golden. Add the garlic and continue sautéing for another minute. Add the ground beef and continue sautéing until meat is cooked through. Add the remaining spices and stir until combined. 

I serve it on a big bed of chopped lettuce, chopped tomatoes and grated cheese and top it with Homemade "Ranch" Dressing. 

This is definitely a favourite meal in our house.

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious! Loving your blog... I just found it through your cookies recipe post

    ReplyDelete